The International Commission on Nobility and Royalty
Unfortunately, There are Some Inaccuracies on the Website of Prince David Bagrationi Mukhraneli that should be Addressed
A "good faith" gesture on their part would be to clean this up as soon as possible.
The official website of the Royal House:
See also the articles:
Books and DVDs:
On Prince David's web page entitled "Dynasty," it states:
(1) After a short period of independence in 1921, Russian Bolsheviks once again annexed Georgia. In 1930, His Royal Highness Prince Giorgi Bagrationi was arrested. Russian writer Maksim Gorki managed somehow to get permission for H.R.H. Prince Giorgi Bagrationi and his family to emigrate.
It seems rather strange that the Russian writer Maxim Gorky, who was forced to leave the country secretly having been hidden in the large suitcase, would manage to get permission for somebody else, when he could not get it for himself?
It is well known that Prince Giorgi Mukhranski (David’s grandfather) could freely cross the border of Soviet Georgia five times from 1922 to 1932 during a time when there were mass executions and border violators were immediately shot by the Soviet Bolsheviks without trial or due process.
The Georgian Emigrants abroad called prince Giorgi a “red,” because of his suspicious behavior getting in and out with ease when others were shot.
(2) The Georgian government recognised the position and rights of H.R.H. Prince Giorgi Bagrationi as Head of the Royal House as well as his legitimate right as heir to the Crown of Georgia. This formal recognition places the Royal House of Bagrationi in a unique position among the former reigning houses.
On the web page entitled "Geneology," it lists:
Even though this page is entitled "Genealogy,
" it is full of royal houses that the Muhkraneli Bagrationi line are not descended from. Listing them as though they were ancestors gives a false impression and can be highly misleading. It is not honorable to promote an illusion of royalty that doesn't exist. None of the following on this page are ancestors of the Muhkranski's except
6. Kings of Kartl-Imereti
Kings of Kartl-Imereti (Western Georgia and a part of Eastern Georgia) were:
Bagrat II (1466-1478)
Konstantine II (1478-1484)
These are not Prince David's ancestors.
7. Kings of Imereti
Since 1484 the Kings of Imereti were:
Alexandre II (1484-1510)
Bagrat III (1510-1565)
Giorgi II (1565-1585)
Giorgi III (1605-1639)
Alexandre III (1639-1660)
Bagrat IV (1660-1661, 1663-1678, 1679-1681)
Archil II (from the Bagration-Mukhraneli family. 1661-1663, 1678, 1690,1695, 1698) -- (This man was not an ancestor, rather he was the brother of an ancestor)
Alexandre IV (1683-1690, 1691-1695)
Giorgi IV (1696-1697)
Giorgi VI (1707-1711, 1713, 1716-1720)
Alexandre V (1720-1740, 1741-1752)
Giorgi VII (1741)
Solomon I (1752-1784)
David II (1784-1789, 1792)
Solomon II (1789-1810)
None of the above are David's ancestors
8. Kings of Kartli
Konstantine II (1484-1505) -- (This man is the last royal progenitor of the Muhkranski line)
David X (1505-1525)
Giorgi IX (1525-1527)
Luarsab I (1527-1556)
Simon I (1556-1569, 1578-1600)
David XI (1569-1578)
Giorgi X (1600-1606)
Luarsab II (1606-1615)
Bagrat VII (1615-1619)
Simon II (1619-1625)
Vakhtang V (1658-1675)
Giorgi XI (1675-1688, 1703-1709)
Erekle I (1688-1703)
Vakhtang VI (1711-1714, 1719-1724)
Teimuraz II (1744-1762)
The last royal ancestor of the Princes of Bagration-Mukhraneli was King Konstantine II. They have not had a royal male ancestor or dynast who had sovereignty rights in their ancestry since the early 1500's. The Bagration-Mukhraneli line is an offshoot line with no sovereignty. For sovereignty, one must look to the line of the kings and to HRH Prince Nugzar.
9. Kings of Kakheti
Kings of Kakheti (Eastern Georgia) were:
Giorgi I (1466-1476)
Alexandre I (1476-1511)
Giorgi II (1511-1513)
Alexandre II (1574-1601, 1602-1605)
David I (1601-1602)
Konstantine I (1605)
Teimuraz I (1606-1616, 1634-1648)
Archil II (1664-1675)
David II (1703-1722)
Konstantine II (1722-1733)
Teimuraz II (1733-1744)
Erekle II (1744-1762)
All the kings of Kakheti are the direct line ancestors of Prince Nugzar, not Prince David.
10. Kings of Kartl-Kakheti
Kings of Kartl-Kakheti (whole Eastern Georgia) were:
Teimuraz I (1625-1632)
Erekle II (1762-1798)
Giorgi XII (1798-1801)
The kings of the Kartli-Kakheti (considered to be the kings of Georgia) are not the ancestors of Prince David, rather they are the direct line ancestors of His Royal Highness Prince Nugzar. This web page fails to list the progeny of King Giorgi XII, who are the only ones who hold the right to the throne of Georgia. Rather it ignores the rightful line and magically substitutes, without any explanation, the last six generations of the princes of Mukhranski, who are not descended from the line of the kings and have no sovereign or dynastic rights to the throne of the Kingdom of Georgia.
11. Last 6 Generations of Bagrationi Mukhraneli Royal Family
Irakly II (1813-1880)
Alejandro VI (1853-1918)
Giorgi XII (1884-1957)
Irakly III (1909-1977)
Giorgi XIII (1944-2008)
H.R.H. Davit Bagrationi Mukhran Batonishvili (2008)
Misinformation, false impressions and flagrant deception is not becoming a prince. It is hoped that there is enough truth, honor, nobility and chivalry among the princes of Mukhranski to own up to the truth.
The following is a easy to follow simplified chart of the true line of the kings and their lawful descendents to Her Royal Highness Princess Anna:
On the Prince David's webpage entitled, "The Order of the Eagle:"
(1) The Order of the Eagle of Georgia and the Seamless Tunic of Our Lord Jesus Christ is a family dynastic institute of the Royal House of Georgia, founded by Saint Queen Tamar (1184-1213) and was reconstituted in 1939 by the grandfather of the current Head of the Royal House, H.R.H. Irakly Bagrationi Mukran, as the main order of the Royal House.
Saint Queen Tamar constituted this order of knights in order to provide aid to the Empire of Trebizond, and she gave it the Tunic of Our Lord as its emblem and as its insignia, a single-headed eagle, in order to distinguish it from the heraldic emblem of the Trebizond Empire. According to tradition, after the relic was raffled off to the Roman soldiers, it was taken to Georgia, preserved and buried in the Cathedral of Svetitskhoveli, along side the insignias of King David.
Oueen Tamar did not originate an order of chivalry. This never happened in the history of Georgia! The first and only statutes created in the Kingdom of Georgia were considered, but never implemented by Prince Ioan (1768-1830), the son of King Giorgi.
(2) H.R.H. Prince Giorgi Bagrationi was recognised as the Head of the Royal House and heir to the Crown of Georgia, and this has been ratified in Georgia by the three presidents. It was President Mikhail Saakashvili who made the royal family’s Georgian citizenship official, providing them with Georgian passports and identity cards and conceding them the status of royalty on both documents. In 2005, H.R.H. Prince Giorgi Bagrationi settled in Tbilisi, where he resided as the rightful King Giorgi XIII until his death on 16 January 2008.
Neither of above mentioned presidents ever recognized anybody. Nor was there given special status on their passports. Again, contact any of the Georgian embassies. By Georgian law, there nothing special can be written in official passports. Present law of state denies a personal status as a royal. The above is nonsense. Note the inappropriate label, Prince David gives to his his father -- "King Giorgi XIII."
(3) In 15 November 2007 – during the lifetime of H.R.H. Prince Giorgi (Notice, that Prince David not calls him "Prince" without mention of King.) – His Holiness and Beatitude Patriarch Catholicos Ilia II made a pronouncement in favour of restoring the monarchy in Georgia. This pronouncement had an impact on the Parliament itself, which approved the Patriarch’s proposal, with 102 of the possible 108 votes cast in favour of restoring the monarchy. (This never happened. This is worse than fiction, it is a complete falsehood -- contact one of the Georgian embassies for the truth.) Prince Giorgi himself declared that it was a task for a Bagrationi younger than he, and it would fall by necessity to HR Prince Davit, who had been educated along side HH the Patriarch, who is well familiarised with the political reality of his country (The truth of the matter is David stopped studying after six class sessions at the high school, which is a well-known fact.)
This website has too many conflicts with the truth, it appears evident that they are trying to hide certain facts and rewrite history in their favor -- not a very honorable occupation.
On the Prince David's webpage entitled, "The History of the Order of Saint Queen Tamar"
This award of St. Tamar was made officially by the Democratic Republic of Georgia in 1918 and recognised as an order of merit. The Order was abolished by the Communists, but its national significance was such that H.R.H. Prince Irakly – at the petition of the Union of Traditionalist Georgians – restored it and proclaimed himself Grand Master, with the consent of his father H.R.H. Giorgi XII who was Head of the Royal House in 1942.
David again artificially called his great grandfather -- Giorgi as the supposed King in 1942, a time that the family of Mukhranski had not even received even the illegal “recognition” from Vladimir Kirilovich.
The falsehoods portrayed on this website suggest the writer is not committed to being factual, but rather to perpetuate some myths and hide the facts about the true Royal House from readers who should be given the accurate information.
Prince David, His Royal Highness Prince Nugzar and the Patriarch of Georgia created an instrument that would have enabled Prince David and Princess Anna to have a child who would be a dynast, however, unfortunately, after the agreement was ready for signature, Prince David left Georgia and left his wife and refused to sign it. He knows and admitted that HRH Prince Nugzar is the true and rightful heir as stated in the agreement, but refused to follow the ancient house rules.
Because the legally binding marriage contract was not signed, dynastic law was not obeyed. Consequently, according to Georgian dynastic law, any children born to Prince David and HRH Princess Anna, including Prince Giorgi, will not be royals or dynasts. Instead, they will be members of the Bagration-Mukhranski princely line only. This cannot change unless Prince David agrees to sign and honor the marriage agreement and Georgian dynastic law. For a detailed explanation of this, please see Statement of the Royal House of Georgia.
Articles in this section include:
Article #13: "Some Inaccuracies on the Website of Prince David Bagrationi Mukhraneli"
Main articles written by the Commission:
" information or to join the Commission as a contributor or apply for certification for titles, knighthood, status or ancestry, please first read the
"Disclaimer and Obligatory Contract
." If you fully agree with them, you are welcome to contact us, make contributions, answer our survey and/or become a part of this important cause. Our goals and mission are to protect the public from counterfeit titles, phony knighthoods and fake genealogies. We also want to certify the true and the genuine as well as promote chivalry, royalty and nobility. We need your support. There is so much that needs to be done. We invite you to contribute and join with us.
© Copyright 2005/2009 -- International Commission on Nobility and Royalty. All Rights Reserved.